We now offer the Molecule for Sennheiser HD700! One of the first, if not the first Sennheiser HD700 audiophile headphone cable upgrades!
Our tried-and-true headphone cable - the original. For any headphone type - Sennheiser HD580/600/650/700/800, Audez'e LCD-2, Fanny Wangs, Hifiman HE-6, AKG, Ultrasone, as an XLR, 1/4" or 1/8" extension cable, or mail-in hardwire.
The Molecule has the 3 key things that a cable must have - easily appreciated improvements to the sound from our custom wire and the construction & materials overall; very light weight and effortless comfort because of the minimalist design; complete customizability and personal attention from start to finish for the exact cable you need, as each cable is custom-made to order.
We have written an article about our "Nucleotide" OCC copper wire that explains a little more about what it is and why it makes for the best headphone cable on the market.
All Molecule cables feature:
• Ultra detailed, dead neutral “Nucleotide” stranded ultrapure OCC copper wire brings out the best in every headphone and audio system. The first thing one notices when hearing an OCC copper cable is that the different elements of the music can be separated in one's mind and listened to individually, thanks to the precise soundstage and improved resolution. Other headphone cables are simply a new face on the stock headphone cable.
• DHC "Nucleotide" Ohno Continuous Cast copper wire
Our wire is custom made for us at one of the world's three original Ohno continuous casting facilities. True OCC copper wire has much fewer gas and metal impurities and is free of the tiny molecular gaps between crystals that conventional copper has, for a flawless surface for the signal to travel upon. As a result it is more conductive and has less distortion than conventional copper. Materials science publications have shown that OCC metals are less resistive and less likely to distort and attenuate signals, as they are free from grain boundaries - the junctions between the crystals. These junctions do not just increase resistance, they can also function to increase capacitance - another thing that cables try to avoid - so it makes sense scientifically that this wire sounds better than others (Xinhui, 2003). You can read more about our OCC copper "Nucleotide" wire here...
• Our "Nucleotide" OCC copper is now cryogenically treated - the benefits of this process are well-documented and as a result, the latest Molecule cable is the best yet!
• Availability for practically every headphone with a detachable cable. Mail-in hard-wire service available for headphones with non-removable cables; also available as an attach-it-yourself bare-wire cable, labeled and ready for you to install at home. When new headphones come out, we will be the first to support them.
Terminations for everything from 1/4", 1/8", 4 and 3-pin XLRs, RSA SR-71 and Protector, 6-pin iBasso, to speaker amp connections for your headphones. Our custom DHC black aluminum mini and 1/4" plugs are super light and are our first choice. When new terminations come out we will always be ready.
• The Molecule can be configured as a high-quality extension cable, just pick which type of extension cable (3-pin XLR, 1/4", 1/8" etc) under the headphone type menu below.
• As soft/flexible/compact/light as the stock cable.
• Four-wire balanced geometry isolates left/right channels into interlocking pairs, reducing crosstalk and interference.
• Many unique sleeving choices including "Ultra" double layer styles. Our soft black multifilament nylon is most popular and is #1 for comfort.
• Optional Viablue aluminum y-split cover (cool-looking & compact, but just for fun).
• Hand assembled to your specifications - feel free to change just about anything.
• Includes natural cotton bag with wood-block stamped logo plus one free DHC weatherproof vinyl logo sticker with every cable order.
• Easily reterminated or changed into an entirely different layout if your gear or headphone changes - simply cover parts & shipping. 5 year parts & labor warranty against manufacturing defects, free labor for the repairs if your dog eats your cable.
• There is now a way to use 1 of our headphone cables with all of your headphones... Order your cable as an Audez'e LCD-2 cable then use our snap-on Triple Threat Adapters to connect your cable to other headphones!
One thing worth checking out is the DHC "Chrysalis" sleeving style. The "Chrysalis" multilayer styles are unique to DHC, letting you combine 2 colors or materials under a reflective outer sleeve. The colors wind together inside the cable, and above the y-split they separate into 2 colored cables for the earcup wires, sheathed in clear braided Teflon sleeve. These are easily the coolest cables we build and are available in 6 and 8 foot lengths. If you like what you see, pick a 6 or 8 foot cable length then the 6 or 8 foot Chrysalis option from the sleeving menu, then send us an email so we can help you pick a color combination. Also, be sure to choose the Chrysalis choice for the earcup wires, as the Chrysalis price listed under sleeving type includes custom earcup wire styling.
A bit of philosophy on this cable - my Nucleotide OCC copper wire, as used with this cable, has been referred to as "neutral". As the following quote explains:
"Instead of trying to rationalize how the DHC cables could increase the speed of the transients, deepen and tighten the bass as well as clarify the highs, I submit to you that the cables, themselves, are inherantly neutral. Rather, the other cables I have mask the crisp, hide the deeper and smooth the tighter. Peter is marketing these cables as neutral, and I believe him. I love neutral, but not because I am bland. I have no problems EQing my music if I feel it's needed. But I don't want my amp, source, DAC or whatever to color the music. Let me make that decision on the fly. I think Peter's cables help me do just that, by simply getting out of the way of the music."
New DHC cotton bag :
Ideal for Audez'e LCD-2 and will open up their sound, which can be a bit closed-in with the stock cable:
The Molecule pairs well with HD800 headphones - it is a good complement to their naturally aggressive sound which may be fatiguing and thin with the stock cable.
A classy Sennheiser Molecule cable - brings HD600, HD650, and HD25 performance closer to that of their big brother, the HD800:
If you're a copper fan or want the smallest possible cable, pick the "Naked" sleeving option - no sleeve at all! DHC's Nucleotide wire has a tough polyethylene jacket over the copper inside, so this cable is plenty tough...
Available hardwired to your favorite headphones - mail them in!
A variety of double-layer "Ultra" styles are available. Our favorite - the "Defcon" style with carbon fiber and clear braided teflon - after picking an "Ultra" style for sleeving type, please email us which style you'd like from the pictorial.
Custom black aluminum 1/4" and 1/8" plugs...
Use our Triple Threat adapters to connect an LCD-2 Molecule cable to any headphone:
Chrysalis tri-layer style:
AKG with mini XLR (K702) or Pioneer HDJ (SINGLE ENDED ONLY)
"Naked" with decorative round braid
DHC custom black aluminum 1/4" (recommended)
Naked (no sleeving)
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 10 December, 2009.